There is a formidable consciousness growing all over the world nourished by the ideals of preserving the earth and its inhabitants from harm. People holding this philosophy are gradually taking control over how we grow food, what we consume, and how to prevent and cure illnesses naturally.
Granted, choices are not the same for everyone but once in adulthood most of us have a choice to lead a healthy life. That choice does not have to be expensive. Be judicious in what you buy and where.
The dictionary defines nourishment as a substance that is either intrinsic to the food we eat or that results from digestion to supply our cells with what their metabolic dynamic requires for the body to thrive. Nutrition is defined as the ensemble of processes of absorption and allotment of food indispensable to the organism for its optimum health.
Take a look at what you eat, drink, and how physically active you are and make a change where necessary. You are in command. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise.
Follow these simple guidelines and you will not go wrong:
- Choose to see the glass half full in what happens in your life.
- Take charge of your life without hurting anyone in the process.
- Eat natural (no chemical additives) wholesome food (
), more fresh vegetable and fruits than animal protein or carbs on a daily basis. nonrefined
- Avoid having many sweets. When you do, eat wholesome sweets.
- Eat small portions.
- Exercise for an hour at least 3 times a week.
- Drink 2.5 liters of water daily.
- Avoid smoking, fried food, and drinking more than 2 glasses of alcohol a week.
- Make time for yourself to rest, meditate, and educate yourself about your health, nutrition and the world around you.
- Remember that body, mind, and spirit are one.
- Live with compassion and kindness.